Baked Green Beans with Healthy Chicken Goujons
Yes, healthy chicken goujons! What’s not to like 🙂
(COOKING + PREP TIME 50MINS)
- 200g of fine green beans
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- ?½ a large white onion
- 1x can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 5 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 50ml of water
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 large chicken breast
- ?100g of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Plain flour
- ?Extra virgin olive oil
- Few basil leaves
- Heat up your oven to 180 degrees fan, then roughly dice your white onion and finely slice the cloves of garlic. In a non-stick pan add a small splash of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, cook on medium for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Roughly chop the anchovy fillets and add to the pan, cook for a further minute. Half the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes and add the oregano and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Add the 50ml of water to loosen up the base of the sauce.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes and the tsp of sugar, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes before transferring over into a deep oven dish.
- Steam the green beans for 3 minutes just to soften.
- For the chicken – make sure to take out the fridge 30 minutes before starting cooking. Slice into 2cm thick pieces, season with salt and pepper. Put the flour, beaten egg and panic breadcrumbs into separate bowl/plates.
- Place the chicken into the flour, then into the egg – repeat this and cover with the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Once the sauce is ready add to the steamed beans in a deep oven proof dish and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Make sure to brush a little olive oil on the goujons and place into the oven with 20 mins left for the beans to cook. Turn the goujons half-way through.
- Take out the beans and season with a little extra olive oil and sprinkle over some grated parmesan just before eating. If the goujons are not golden enough turn the oven to grill and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Tear over the basil leaves and a last sprinkle of salt and pepper.