Breakfast chorizo baked eggs
Perfect for brunch, lunch and dinner
(COOKING + PREP TIME 35 MINS)
- 1 small orange pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ a white onion
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 bunch of kale (2 large handfuls when chopped)
- 100g of chorizo
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- 50ml of hot water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 avocados
- ?1 tbsp of chilli flakes
- Start by heating your oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Prepare your ingredients – start by peeling the potato and dicing into 1cm cubes. Chop the peppers into similar size, do the same with the onion. Peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Part boil the potato cubes for 4-5 mins until soft but still holding its shape. Drain and place to one side until later. Chop the chorizo around the same sized cubes as the rest of the ingredients. Place into a non-stick pan on medium heat without any olive oil and cook for 5 minutes until the edges become slightly crispy.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and place to one side until later. Add the cumin, half the chilli flakes, oregano, garlic, onion and peppers into the same pan with a little olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, add a little more olive oil if it starts to burn and turn down the heat to low. Add the 50ml of water to loosen it all up.
- De-stem the kale and add to the pan when it still has a little water. Place a lid on top of the pan to create a little steam to soften the kale for 2 minutes.
- Place the chorizo and potato back into the pan and mix well into the ingredients. Cook until the potatoes have browned a little and turn up the heat if necessary (around 3-4 mins).
- Create small holes with the back of your spatula in the pan for the eggs to fit into and crack into each hole. Fry for a 1 minute and place into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the whites of the eggs are cooked but the yolk is still runny. Make sure to use a pan that can be transferred to the oven.
- ?Enjoy with slices avocado, toasted bread, ketchup and sprinkle on the rest of the chilli flakes.