Chicory & Purple Sprouting Broccoli Tart
Manon’s tangy but sweet tart with seasonal vegetables is delicious served with a simple tomato or leaf salad
(COOKING + PREP TIME 50 MINS)
- 1 pack of pre-rolled short crust pastry
- 2 medium sized chicory’s bulbs
- 3 banana shallots
- 200g of purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of honey
- Salt + Pepper
- 45g of Feta (to preference)
- Start by turning on the oven to 180 degrees fan and place a baking sheet onto the oven rack so it can start warming up.
- ?Peel the shallots and cut lengthways into halves and then half again. For the chicory – slice in half lengthways and then with a small knife carve out the core, making sure not to cut out too much so that it keeps it shape when cut down into smaller segments. For the broccoli, trim the ends.
- Place a large pan on medium heat with a little olive oil and add the chicory, shallots and broccoli. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and fry softly for 3-5 minutes, then add the balsamic glaze, sugar and honey and cook for a further two minutes, then take off the heat.
- Add the vegetables to a roasting tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have finished roasting take them out of the oven and set to the side. Take out the pre-rolled pastry from the fridge and roll it out and place on its own baking sheet. Place the vegetables in the centre of the pastry leaving 3cm to the edge, then fold over roughly. Beat an egg in a bowl and then brush the sides of the pastry.
- Crumble over the feta and season with a little salt, pepper and good extra virgin olive oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden.