Tangy Salmon Avocado and Mango Salad
New year means kicking it off in a delicious and healthy way. Salmon partnered with mango and the tangy ginger coriander dressing will make your taste buds dance!
(COOKING + PREP TIME 40 MINS)
- 2 organic salmon fillets
- 2 portions of red/wild rice (1 small mug)
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ a ripe mango
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1tbsp of finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbs of runny honey
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp of Japanese vinegar
- A handful of pea shoots
- Start by boiling the kettle and pouring the water into a pot. Rinse the rice with cold water, then add to boiling salted water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Turn on the oven to 180 degrees fan. When there is 15 minutes left for the rice to cook, place the salmon into an oven proof dish lined with a little olive oil and place in the oven.
- For the ginger dressing – peel and the grate the ginger into a bowl and squeeze in the juice of the lemon. Add the Japanese vinegar, 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil and runny honey. Taste to see whether it needs further seasoning of more olive oil.
- Finely chop the coriander and add to the vinaigrette and leave to the side before adding to the cooked rice.
- For the mango – peel and cut around the stone and finely slice into small segments. Carefully cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Peel off the skin and slice like the mango.
- Once the salmon is cooked remove the skin and place on the side. Sprinkle the rice onto a plate, add half the vinaigrette, then add pea shoots, avocado and mango. Add a little more vinaigrette and finally place the salmon on top.