Christmas Baked Camembert with Potato Shards
Tis the season and cheese is an essential element to a good Christmas feast, so instead of finishing with it, why not start with it! Manon’s baked camembert is classic but the potato slices are great for dipping into the oozy cheese!
COOKING + PREP TIME 40 MINS)
- ?1 Camembert
- Few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 100g of unsmoked pancetta
- 2 large baking potatoes
- Salt + Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil ?
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees fan.
- For the potatoes – slice either with a mandolin or a sharp knife into 2/3mm slices, then place into a bowl of water for 20 minutes, changing the water halfway, this will take out some of the starch.
- Drain the potatoes, on a baking sheet, place them in rose like shapes and if you have a large cupcake tin, brush with a little oil and make cups with the slices.
- Once the slices are all layered out brush with some olive oil and season well with salt. Place into the oven for 25/30 minutes just until the edges start to brown.
- ?For the camembert – cut a crisscross pattern about half 1cm deep, evenly stick the rosemary sprigs into the cuts and season with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Add to the oven when there is 20 minutes left on the potatoes.
- When there is 5 minutes left on the oven, add the cut pancetta chunks to a non-stick pan on high heat and fry until slightly crispy. Sprinkle the pancetta over the potatoes and camembert when ready.
- This can also be enjoyed with toasted bread and the fresh cranberry sauce from last week’s recipe