Colourful Clementine and Orange Salad
Manon’s wonderful zesty salad is refreshing and light after all the Christmas feasting
(COOKING + PREP TIME 20 MINS)
- 1 large orange
- Zest of the orange
- ?2 clementines (easy peelers)
- 4 tbsp of natural yogurt
- 1 Cucumber
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp of dried rose petals
- 50g of Feta
- Handful of freshly chopped mint
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 tsp of whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 the juice of a lemon
- Start by crumbling the feta into large chunks and adding a pinch of salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of good quality extra virgin olive oil. Then add about half a tpsp of orange zest and the cumin seeds. Mix well and pop in the fridge.
- For the yogurt sauce – grate a handful of cucumber then squeeze out the liquid over the sink and place in a bowl along with salt, pepper, yogurt and lemon juice, leave to one side.
- For the clementine and orange – using a small knife carefully cut off the skin, start from the top and carve to the bottom. Once you’ve taken off the skin cut 3mm slices and assort evenly in a serving tray. Drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle on a little salt.
- Thinly chop the fresh mint and sprinkle over the salad. Do the same with the dried rose petals and the pomegranate seeds. Take out the feta from the fridge and sprinkle over. Then spoon over little bits of the yogurt sauce around the plate and finely crack over some black pepper.