Cod and creamy root vegetables
This easy baked cod dish is packed with protein and full of delicious healthy vegetables
(COOKING + PREP TIME 30 MINS)
- 2 Cod fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 4 leaves of Cavolo nero
- ½ a small celeriac
- 1 large parsnip
- 4 tbs of single cream
- ½ a cube of chicken stock
- 150ml of boiled water
- Salt + Pepper
- ½ a white onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- Start by turning on your oven to 180 degrees fan.
- For the Cavolo nero, cut out the firm stem in the middle of the leaves and discard, then chop into smaller chunks and add to a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes to blanche. Drain and rinse with cold water, dry and chop into thinner slices.
- Peel the celeriac and the parsnip and finely slice and cut into matchsticks. Cut the onion into similar thickness as the parsnip and celeriac.
- Place a non-stick pan onto the hob and over a medium, add a glug of olive oil and cook the onions, celeriac and parsnip for 10 minute. Add the crushed garlic in the last two minutes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the fish into an oiled oven proof dish and cook the fillets for 12-14 minutes (depending on the thickness).
- Crumble the stock cube into the pan and add the boiling water, stir well until everything is mixed, add the Cavolo nero to the pan and stir.
- Bring down the heat of the pan to low and add the single cream along with half the lemon juice, stir and let gently simmer until the fish has cooked.
- Take out the fish from the oven and sprinkle over some salt, pepper and a little lemon zest. Place the creamy veg onto a plate and then gently place the fillet of cod on top.