Courgette and gorgonzola stuffed mini squash
Manon’s impressive and delicious vegetarian dish makes
a perfect veggie offering for any table at Christmas
(COOKING + PREP TIME 1H15)
- 2 mini squash
- 2 tbsp of strength 6 gorgonzola
- 3 tbsp of dried raisins
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small white onion
- A handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of cider vinegar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- Start by turning on your oven to 180 degrees’ fan. Cut a small section from the bottom of each squash so they are able to stand up in the oven. Then cut off some from the top to make a lid.
- Spoon out the seeds and season well. Drizzle over some olive oil inside and outside of the squash. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes in a oven proof dish.
- For the stuffing – start by dicing your onions and courgette to the same size, add the onions to a non-stick pan on medium heat with a little olive oil.
- Roughly chop the raisins and add to the onions after 5 minutes of cooking.
- Peel and slice the garlic and add to the onions when they are translucent, add the courgette and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and cumin at the same time as the courgette and mix well. Bring the pan to medium/high heat – add the cider vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the gorgonzola and breadcrumbs. Make sure the mixture has cooled for a few minutes so the cheese does not completely melt.
- Place the squash back into the oven for 15 minutes on 200 degrees’ fan.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy while hot!