Thai red curry squash soup
Autumn is well under way and with halloween just around the corner, Manon’s Thai soup will be sure to warm up those cold nights.
(COOKING + PREP TIME 45 MINS)
- ½ butternut squash
- Salt + pepper
- ½ lime
- 2 tbs of thai red curry paste
- 1 large red onion
- ?4 cloves of garlic
- large thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1x 400g can of coconut milk
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 500ml of veggie stock
- ?To serve – chives, bread, sunflower seeds and spring onions
- Start by cutting your butternut squash into cubes, only using the long end of the vegetable and no need to peel either.
- Roughly chop up your red onion and garlic, peel and slice the ginger. Then in a deep pot, with a little olive oil on medium heat fry the onion, ginger, cumin and garlic for a 2-3 minutes before adding in the Thai red curry paste and make sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Once you’ve added the paste fry for another minute and add the chopped up squash. Fry for 5 minutes before adding in the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid and cook for 30 minutes or until the squash is cooked.
- ?Add in the lime, and pulse with a hand held blender. Blend until smooth and then add the coconut milk and blend again, taste and season.
- Divide into bowls, sprinkle over the toppings. Toast some bread and enjoy!