The Best Smoked Salmon Salad
This week from East London’s culinary Goddess, Manon’s kitchen, try this so easy to make, super tasty smoked salmon salad. The lightly poached salmon flakes are so tender and juicy and the freshly chopped chives add a fresh kick to the yogurt making it a healthy light sauce.
- 2 fillets of smoked salmon
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs of natural yogurt
- 2 tbs of chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 Jersey Royal potatoes
- Handful of pea shoots
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a lightly oiled baking sheet, then add salt, pepper and 2 thin slices of lemon on top.
- While the oven is heating up, cut the potatoes into quarters and add to a pot of boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In another pot add boiled water and the eggs and slowly bring to a simmer and cook them for 6 minutes, then plunge the eggs into an ice bath to stop them further cooking.
- Once the oven is hot enough place the parcels in and cook for 15-17 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through, depending on the size of the fillet. When the potatoes are cooked drain and add a splash of olive oil.