Sweet cavolo nero grain salad
Satisfy your cabbage cravings with this simple and delicious healthy recipe
(COOKING + PREP TIME 25 MINS)
- ¼ of a pomegranate
- 6 slices of halloumi
- 1 mug of pearled spelt
- 100g green beans
- 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- Salt + Pepper
- 3 large sprigs of Cavolo nero
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Separate the pomegranate by cutting in half and hitting the outer skin with a wooden spoon over a bowl to catch the seeds, make sure to take out bits of white flesh.
- Boil the kettle, pour the water into a pot and add the pearled spelt. Cook to packet instructions. For the Cavolo nero, cut out the hard stem and then cut into smaller chunks. Blanch the Cavolo nero in the same water as the pearled spelt for 4 minutes. Drain the pot and leave to one side.
- Steam the green beans for 6 minutes. While the green beans are steaming, peel and slice the garlic and with a little oil add to a non-stick pan on a low heat.
- Add the green beans to the pan with the garlic.
- Try and separate the Cavolo nero from the pearled spelt and add to the pan with the garlic. Add the pomegranate molasses and the pomegranate seeds and cook for a few more minutes.
- In the Leftover pan add the slices of halloumi and cook on high until each side is golden.
- Combine all the elements together and mix well, add a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.