Winter Harissa Chicken Cacciatore
This week, try Manon’s delicious, comforting but healthy stew to warm up those cold nights
(COOKING + PREP TIME 1H)
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1x400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1x400g can of chickpeas
- Chicken stock cube
- Salt + pepper
- 1 large white onion
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 heaped tbsp of harissa paste
- 4 large brown mushrooms
- kalamata olives 100g (to preference)
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 large glass of white wine
- Rice to serve
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees on the fan setting.
- In a non-stick pan brown off the chicken drumsticks so the skin has some colour. Add in the garlic cloves whole with the skin on and cook for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Chop your onion into medium thin slices and sweat in the same pan as used for the chicken. Once the onions have cooked for 5 minutes add in the white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly slice your mushrooms and add to the pan, drain the chickpeas and also add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes before adding in the harissa paste, further cook for a few minutes.
- In your large oven dish transfer over the chicken and squeeze out the garlic cloves form their skin. Add in the veggies over the chicken and pour in the chopped tomatoes and 1 can of chicken stock.
- Add the olives and pop the lid on and transfer to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cook some long grain rice to serve with or a nice chunk of bread to mop up that lovely sauce.