Squid and chorizo on roasted red pepper coulis
Bursting with flavour and vibrant colour, Manon’s tasty tapas recipe is a reminder that summer is still going strong.
(COOKING + PREP TIME 30 MINS)
- 2 squid tubes
- Handful of chopped chorizo
- 10 small different coloured tomatoes
- 10 Kalamata olives
- 2 long red peppers
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbs of crème fraiche
- Few sprigs of basil
- – Turn on the oven at 180 degrees fan mode to roast the red peppers. Cut your red peppers in half lengthways and place on a piece of baking paper skin side up, drizzle on of olive oil and then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- – Once the peppers are cooked, carefully remove the skin and place the flesh into a bowl with salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon and crème fraiche and wiz up with a handheld blender into a smooth consistency.
- - Prep your tomatoes and olives by cutting them in half and then leave to the side until it is time to for platting up. For the chorizo cut in half and fry in a hot pan until both sides are starting to crisp up.
- – With your squid tubes open them up carefully by running your knife down the length and opening them up. Then score the outside of the tubes in a crisscross fashion, make sure to not cut through the tube only lightly score.
- – Then with a drizzle of olive oil in a very hot pan fry the squid for 1 minute each side.
- – For platting up, first pour in some of the coulis and then add the tomatoes and kalamata olives. Then lay over the squid and chorizo before adding a final drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice, and then sprinkle over the basil.